As with all libraries in the UK, the threat of coronavirus prompted the unprecedented closure of our libraries. Now that government guidance allows, our libraries in Halton will be reopening their doors again.
Following on from an update to the official guidance on face coverings, members of the public will be required to wear a face covering in all Halton libraries from Saturday 8th August.
- Halton Lea Library
Monday to Saturday 11am-2pm
- Widnes Library
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10.30-4.30pm
Tuesday and Thursday 10-6pm
- Ditton Library
Monday and Thursday 10-4.30pm
Runcorn Library to reopen on 10th August
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 11 – 2pm
We want to make sure visitors feel safe while in our libraries and to give you some insight into the preparations we have made.
Safety Signage and Limiting Visitor Numbers
- Safety signage throughout each library.
- Signage to guide around the one way system that is in place.
- We will be limiting the number of visitors at any one time.
- Staff will be on hand to welcome visitors and control queues
Entrances and Hand Sanitising
- Hand sanitisers at each entrance point, all customers will be required to sanitise their hands as they enter the library.
Contactless Issuing and Returning
- Issue your items using our self service machines
- Self service stations are cleaned throughout the day
Public Use PCs
- Our public PCs will be wiped down after each use by a member of staff
- PCs have been spaced appropriately to support social distancing
- Available pcs are clearly noted for your ease of use.
Notes on Other Library Facilities
- Our customer lifts will be limited to one person, or one family group at a time
- ‘Grab and Go’ quick choice book selections for those people wanting a quick visit to the library
- Limited opening hours
- Our customer toilets will remain closed to the public until further
- Our café at Halton Lea Library will remain closed until further notice
- Events – Our events and activities in the libraries are postponed but we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Can’t make it into our libraries?
- Contactless Choose and Collect at Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library
- Contactless Book Drops at Runcorn Library and Ditton Library
- Home Library Service – for people who love reading, but who are housebound or find it hard to get to their nearest library for reasons such as mobility problems, illness, shielding or carer responsibilities. Receive up to 20 books a month.
- Ebooks and Eaudio Books – https://library.haltonbc.info/e-books/
- Newspapers and Magazines online – https://www.pressreader.com/catalog
- Online events on our social media channels. Follow us @HaltonLibraries on Twitter and Facebook to join in.
Please see our safety notice and video.