From the 19th July 2021 we look forward to welcoming you back with new measures:
On entering the library we ask that you please:
sanitise your hands
scan the QR code
If you are unable to scan the QR code, then please fill out a Track & Trace slip with your name, contact telephone/email and the date and then post the slip into the box.
There are anti-bacs wipes for you to wipe the pen before use and a PPE disposal bin for your used wipes.
We encourage you to wear face coverings in our libraries and to keep 2 metres distance from other library users and our library staff.
Thank you for helping us to keep our libraries safe.
Take a look at our Opening Times page for the latest updates on when we are open.
Can’t make it into our libraries?
- Contactless Choose and Collect at Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library
- Home Library Service – for people who love reading, but who are housebound or find it hard to get to their nearest library for reasons such as mobility problems, illness, shielding or carer responsibilities. Receive up to 20 books a month.
- Ebooks and Eaudio Books – https://library.haltonbc.info/e-books/
- Newspapers and Magazines online – https://www.pressreader.com/catalog
- Online events on our social media channels. Follow us @HaltonLibraries on Twitter and Facebook to join in.
Autism Friendly Social Stories
Planning to visit one of our Libraries?
Did you know that we have Autism Friendly social stories for all of our Halton Libraries to help your child, or young person understand what they might see, hear and do when they visit us.