Following on from an update to the official guidance on face coverings, members of the public will be required to wear a face covering in all Halton libraries.
Take a look at our Opening Times page for the latest updates on when we are open.
We want to make sure visitors feel safe while in our libraries and to give you some insight into the preparations we have made.
Safety Signage and Limiting Visitor Numbers
- Safety signage throughout each library
- Signage to guide around the one way system that is in place
- We will be limiting the number of visitors at any one time
- Staff will be on hand to welcome visitors and control queues
- You will be asked to scan a QR code or alternatively provide some details for test and trace purposes
Entrances and Hand Sanitising
- Hand sanitisers at each entrance point, all customers will be required to sanitise their hands as they enter the library.
Contactless Issuing and Returning
- Issue your items using our self service machines
- Self service stations are cleaned throughout the day
Public Use PCs
- Our public PCs will be wiped down after each use by a member of staff
- PCs have been spaced appropriately to support social distancing
- Available pcs are clearly noted for your ease of use.
Notes on Other Library Facilities
- Our customer lifts will be limited to one person, or one family group at a time
- ‘Grab and Go’ quick choice book selections for those people wanting a quick visit to the library
- To ensure the service provision is available to as many people as possible we are not currently able to support spending leisure time in the libraries, or using spaces for study or work. For this reason we have removed furniture/seating for use in public areas in order to minimise the amount of time service users can or need to spend within the building.
- Limited opening hours
- Our customer toilets will remain closed to the public until further
- Our café at Halton Lea Library will remain closed until further notice
- Events – Our events and activities in the libraries are postponed but we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Can’t make it into our libraries?
- Contactless Choose and Collect at Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library
- Home Library Service – for people who love reading, but who are housebound or find it hard to get to their nearest library for reasons such as mobility problems, illness, shielding or carer responsibilities. Receive up to 20 books a month.
- Ebooks and Eaudio Books – https://library.haltonbc.info/e-books/
- Newspapers and Magazines online – https://www.pressreader.com/catalog
- Online events on our social media channels. Follow us @HaltonLibraries on Twitter and Facebook to join in.
Please see our safety notice and video.
Autism Friendly Social Stories
Planning to visit one of our Libraries?
Did you know that we have Autism Friendly social stories for all of our Halton Libraries to help your child, or young person understand what they might see, hear and do when they visit us.