Chatterbooks Book Club for 7-11 year olds
Halton Libraries Chatterbooks meetings will be filled with activities, games and plenty of time to share your love of reading with other children.
Chatterbooks is now running Weekly – Every Monday in Widnes library 4-5pm and Every Thursday in Halton Lea library 4-5pm.
For more information contact Nikki Lamb 0151 511 8323 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A Good Yarn
Every Monday from 2-3.30pm at Runcorn Library
Every Thursday from 10.30-12pm at Widnes Library
Business & Intellectual Property Centre
Every Monday 10-4.30pm, Widnes Library
Alex Ferguson is our Business & Intellectual Property specialist, and he’s available at Widnes Library every Monday from 10am-4.30pm offering one to one meetings and on the spot business advice for anyone who drops in.
The service is for anyone thinking of starting a new business or growing an existing one. As well as specialist advice, there is access to a range of databases which contain up-to-the-minute local, national, and international market and industry information, completely free of charge.
- Currently suspended due to Covid-19
- Code Club runs every school holidays in each of our libraries. Watch this space for more details.
- Currently suspended.
- Tuesday at Ditton Libray 3.30-5.00pm
- Thursday at Runcorn Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Drop-in, no need to book. Suitable for ages 5-12
- Every Thursday at Halton Lea Library 3.30 – 5.00pm
- Every Tuesday at Widnes Library 3.30-5pm (starting 19th April)
- Children get creative with Lego!
- Free, drop in sessions
Midweek Meet up
- Currently suspended
- Wednesday at Widnes Library and Halton Lea Library 2.00-4.00pm
- Unwind with some colouring in, have a go at a board game and meet new people in a relaxed and friendly environment. The perfect antidote to a busy lifestyle.
Reading Friends chat, share stories and have fun.
Halton Libraries have 2 Reading Friends groups in libraries and one phone group. They meet every fortnight.
Reading Friends brings people together to read, share stories, meet new friends and have fun. We use reading – whether books, magazines, newspapers, or anything else – to start everyone chatting.
The groups are open to everyone and are on the following days
Halton Lea Library every fortnight on Wednesday 11am.
Ditton Library every fortnight on Thursday 3pm
Phone group every fortnight on Wednesday 2.30pm (next group 25th May then 8th June)
For information or to book contact Halton Lea Library 0151 511 7744 or email@example.com
A reading group is a group of people who meet together to talk about a book they have read. They read one book a month and discuss it at the following meeting. Each meeting lasts for an hour.
Halton Lea Library
- Thursday Group meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5.45pm
- Saturday meets on the first Saturday of every month at 10.30am
- Tuesday 1 meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Tuesday 2 meets on the last Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- The Classics group meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Runcorn’s reading group meets on the last Monday of the month 10.30am – 11.30am
We also provide collections of books for reading groups to borrow. These include fiction, classic fiction and non- fiction books. A list of the books available is in the recommended reads section of the booklist.
If you would like to join one of our groups or borrow a collection, please contact Trudy Jones at Halton Lea Library
- Tuesday at Runcorn Library and Ditton Library 11.00-11.45am
- Thursday at Halton Lea Library 11.00-11.45am
- Friday at Widnes Library 11.00-11.45am
- Songs and stories for preschool children.
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 11-11.45am
- Bring your little ones along to our new Saturday Stories sessions, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- 3rd Saturday of the month at Widnes Library, 12.00-12.45pm
- 1st Saturday of the month at Halton Lea Library, 12.00-12.45pm
- New activities each week
- Drop in sessions suitable for children aged 5 – 12 years.
Time to Read events
Looking for other book related events in north west libraries? Check out Time to Read
- All work club currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Every Monday at Halton Lea Library 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Every Monday at Widnes Library 1.00-3.00pm
- Every Friday at Halton Lea 10.30-12pm
- Drop in sessions to help you improve your CV, job search and apply for employment
POSTCARDS FROM THE FUTURE FREE WRITING WORKSHOPS FOR CHILDREN AGED 7-11 YEARS Read Now Write Now are running free 1.5 hour writing workshops for children in lots of different libraries around the Liverpool City Region and Cheshire West areas and there are still some...
Thursday 8th September, Widnes Library, 10am-1pm This drop-in is offered as part of The Women's Organisation's wider programme of fully funded business support. Thinking of starting a business? Want to know how to get started? Why not drop in to Widnes Library in...
A spokesperson for Halton Borough Council said: "For the safety of library staff and customers, the library will be closing earlier, in line with Runcorn Shopping City's opening times. Halton Lea Library currently stays open Tuesdays and Thursdays until 7pm and the...
Monday 15th August Origami, 11-12pm, Ditton Library Try your hand at the art of paper folding with this free STEM themed session. Free tickets available online via Eventbrite or at any Halton library. Circuit Bugs, 11-12pm, Halton Lea Library Create and make your own...
Starts Saturday 9th July at all libraries Join the Gadgeteers for the Summer Reading Challenge to discover the amazing science and innovation behind the world around you, including some of your favourite things! All children have to do is read six books during the...
Business & Intellectual Property Centre Every Monday 10-4.30pm, Widnes Library Alex Ferguson is our Business & Intellectual Property specialist, and he’s available at Widnes Library every Monday from 10am-4.30pm offering one to one meetings and on the spot...
Are you interested in yarn crafts? Cross-stitch, macrame, knitting or crochet? Then come along to A Good Yarn. These drop in sessions are free and informal. You can stay for the full 1 and a half hours or just pop in for a short time Bring along your latest...
We are excited to announce that Lego Club is back! Lego Club is on every Thursday at Halton Lea Library, 3.30-5pm. Free, drop in sessions. Every Tuesday at Widnes Library, 3.30-5pm starting 19th April.
Halton Libraries run 5 Reading groups, who meet monthly and are always open to new members Halton Lea Library Thursday Group meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5.45pm Saturday meets on the last Saturday of every month at 10.30am Widnes Library Tuesday 1...
Halton Libraries are bringing Reading Friends groups into the libraries as well as on the phone. Reading Friends brings people together to read, share stories, meet new friends and have fun with a free drink. We use reading – whether books, magazines,...