Library Events Oct - Dec 2020
Library Events Summer 2020
This summer our events have moved online.
Join Mama G for 3 sensational story time sessions:
18th August 2020
I Can Sing a Rainbow, Eunice the Horse and Boom! Bang! Royal Meringue
Who’s Who at the Zoo, Twinkle Twinkle Little Roar and Gnome
The Billy Goat’s Guff, You Better Floss and Silly Mr Wolf)
Hazlehurst Studios produced some fascinating workshops on How to Press Flowers and Basic Embroidery. They are available to watch on YouTube. There is also an accompanying document entitled Pressing Flowers with C.R.Pitt Designs
You can find us @Haltonlibraries on Facebook and Twitter.
Chatterbooks Book Club for 7-11 year olds
Halton Libraries Chatterbooks meetings will be filled with activities, games and plenty of time to share your love of reading with other children.
Chatterbooks is now running Weekly – Every Monday in Widnes library 4-5pm and Every Thursday in Halton Lea library 4-5pm.
For more information contact Nikki Lamb 0151 511 8323 or email@example.com
- Currently suspended due to Covid-19
- Code Club runs every school holidays in each of our libraries. Watch this space for more details.
Drop in for help with using the Internet, emails, your digital device and more. Available in all libraries throughout each day. No appointment necessary.
- Currently suspended.
- Tuesday at Ditton Libray 3.30-5.00pm
- Thursday at Runcorn Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Drop-in, no need to book. Suitable for ages 5-12
- Currently suspended
- Monday at Halton Lea Library 3.30 – 5.00pm
- Tuesday at Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library 5.00 – 7.00pm
- Thursday at Widnes Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Children get creative with Lego!
Midweek Meet up
- Currently suspended
- Wednesday at Widnes Library and Halton Lea Library 2.00-4.00pm
- Unwind with some colouring in, have a go at a board game and meet new people in a relaxed and friendly environment. The perfect antidote to a busy lifestyle.
Keep up to date with all the news and events from Halton Libraries with our monthly newsletter
A reading group is a group of people who meet together to talk about a book they have read. They read one book a month and discuss it at the following meeting. Each meeting lasts for an hour.
Halton Lea Library
- Thursday Group meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5.45pm
- Saturday meets on the last Saturday of every month at 10.30am
- Adventures in Reading meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 5.45 pm
- Tuesday 1 meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Tuesday 2 meets on the last Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- The Classics group meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Runcorn’s reading group meets on the last Monday of the month 10.30am – 11.30am
We also provide collections of books for reading groups to borrow. These include fiction, classic fiction and non- fiction books. A list of the books available is in the recommended reads section of the booklist.
If you would like to join one of our groups or borrow a collection, please contact Trudy Jones at Halton Lea Library
- All Rhyme Times are temporarily postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Tuesday at Runcorn Library and Ditton Library 11.00-11.45am
- Thursday at Halton Lea Library 11.00-11.45am
- Friday at Widnes Library 11.00-11.45am
- Songs and stories for preschool children.
- All Saturday Meetups currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 12-2pm
- Board games, colouring, doodling and lots of fun, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- Recommended age 8+. Suitable for children and families.
- All Saturday Stories currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 11-11.45am
- Bring your little ones along to our new Saturday Stories sessions, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- All Science Clubs currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 12.30-1.30pm
- New activities each week
- Drop in sessions suitable for children aged 5 – 12 years.
Time to Read events
Looking for other book related events in north west libraries? Check out Time to Read
- All work club currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Every Monday at Halton Lea Library 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Every Monday at Widnes Library 1.00-3.00pm
- Every Friday at Halton Lea 10.30-12pm
- Drop in sessions to help you improve your CV, job search and apply for employment
Friday 30th October 12pm - A Virtual Journey Into Space with Daresbury Laboratory Join us online with the wonderful people from Daresbury Labs. There will be quizzes, a Stellarium star show looking at different constellations and fun with telescopes. We will look at...
#HaltonReads Festival 16th – 27th November 2020 During the festival we invite everyone across Halton to share their love of reading, we especially want to encourage children whose reading might have dropped a bit during lock down. The main activities are as follows:...
Monday 19th – Saturday 24th October The theme of this year’s #GetOnlineWeek is ‘now’s the time to get online’! So check out Halton Libraries’ Twitter and Facebook pages each day this week where we will be highlighting a variety of things you can do online such as...
Our new Events Guide Oct - Dec 2020 is here! We have some great things happening soon so take a look.
As with all libraries in the UK, the threat of coronavirus prompted the unprecedented closure of our libraries. Now that government guidance allows, our libraries in Halton are reopening their doors again. Following on from an update to the official guidance on face...
Halton Libraries - Choose and Collect available from all libraries 1. Let us know what type of books you enjoy. 2. We choose up to 6 fantastic books for you. 3. You come and collect from your chosen library contact free! To place your order either call: 0151 511 7744...
Book Drop Our libraries are beginning to reopen but you can still return your books using our book drop service. Book Drop trolleys will be at the entrance of the library. No need to interact with anybody or enter the building Every Monday and Friday 11 - 1pm at...
During this current situation with Covid-19 all Halton Libraries have been closed. We currently have temporary opening hours in place. We hope this FAQs post will answer any questions you may have about the library service during this time. Q. What are the...
Following Government advice our libraries will be temporarily closed from 18th March until further notice. For health information on the Coronavirus (Covid-19) check the NHS website For Government advice please check the official information and advice page which is...