Library Events June - Aug
Let’s Go Green Festival
Now the sun is shining and we would like to introduce to you our Let’s Go Green festival! Join Halton Libraries for a celebration of the outdoors and our planet using art, stories, talks and performance! Experience the outdoors and learn about going green. Throughout this festival there will be lots of fun and informative events and workshops for you to get involved in.
Library Events May - July 2021
Let’s Make Festival
Halton is the Liverpool City Region’s Borough of Culture 2021 and Halton Libraries are very excited to be joining in the celebrations! Throughout the year we will bring you three fabulous festivals celebrating culture and creativity across the borough and to celebrate all that makes Halton unique and special.
Our first library festival is Let’s Make!
We have makers workshops throughout the festival for all ages including puppet making, tote bag design and cyanotypes, along with special Book Makers creative book sculpting workshops and an online author talk. The award winning Get it Loud in Libraries is also returning to Halton for our special music makers gig.
So come on Halton, let’s make.
Events bookable from Saturday 24th April
Chatterbooks Book Club for 7-11 year olds
Halton Libraries Chatterbooks meetings will be filled with activities, games and plenty of time to share your love of reading with other children.
Chatterbooks is now running Weekly – Every Monday in Widnes library 4-5pm and Every Thursday in Halton Lea library 4-5pm.
For more information contact Nikki Lamb 0151 511 8323 or email@example.com
- Currently suspended due to Covid-19
- Code Club runs every school holidays in each of our libraries. Watch this space for more details.
Drop in for help with using the Internet, emails, your digital device and more. Available in all libraries throughout each day. No appointment necessary.
- Currently suspended.
- Tuesday at Ditton Libray 3.30-5.00pm
- Thursday at Runcorn Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Drop-in, no need to book. Suitable for ages 5-12
- Currently suspended
- Monday at Halton Lea Library 3.30 – 5.00pm
- Tuesday at Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library 5.00 – 7.00pm
- Thursday at Widnes Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Children get creative with Lego!
Midweek Meet up
- Currently suspended
- Wednesday at Widnes Library and Halton Lea Library 2.00-4.00pm
- Unwind with some colouring in, have a go at a board game and meet new people in a relaxed and friendly environment. The perfect antidote to a busy lifestyle.
Keep up to date with all the news and events from Halton Libraries with our monthly newsletter
Reading Friends chat, share stories and have fun.
Halton Libraries run three weekly Reading Friends groups. It’s a chance to talk about what you are reading, whether that be books, magazines, newspapers or anything else and to meet new people.
Tuesdays at 2pm a virtual group open to everyone.
Wednesday at 10.30am held over the phone for people over 60
Thursday at 2.30 held over the phone and open to everyone.
For information or to book contact Halton Lea Library 0151 511 7744 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A reading group is a group of people who meet together to talk about a book they have read. They read one book a month and discuss it at the following meeting. Each meeting lasts for an hour.
Halton Lea Library
- Thursday Group meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5.45pm
- Saturday meets on the last Saturday of every month at 10.30am
- Tuesday 1 meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Tuesday 2 meets on the last Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- The Classics group meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Runcorn’s reading group meets on the last Monday of the month 10.30am – 11.30am
We also provide collections of books for reading groups to borrow. These include fiction, classic fiction and non- fiction books. A list of the books available is in the recommended reads section of the booklist.
If you would like to join one of our groups or borrow a collection, please contact Trudy Jones at Halton Lea Library
- All Rhyme Times are temporarily postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Tuesday at Runcorn Library and Ditton Library 11.00-11.45am
- Thursday at Halton Lea Library 11.00-11.45am
- Friday at Widnes Library 11.00-11.45am
- Songs and stories for preschool children.
- All Saturday Meetups currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 12-2pm
- Board games, colouring, doodling and lots of fun, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- Recommended age 8+. Suitable for children and families.
- All Saturday Stories currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 11-11.45am
- Bring your little ones along to our new Saturday Stories sessions, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- All Science Clubs currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 12.30-1.30pm
- New activities each week
- Drop in sessions suitable for children aged 5 – 12 years.
Time to Read events
Looking for other book related events in north west libraries? Check out Time to Read
- All work club currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Every Monday at Halton Lea Library 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Every Monday at Widnes Library 1.00-3.00pm
- Every Friday at Halton Lea 10.30-12pm
- Drop in sessions to help you improve your CV, job search and apply for employment
Story Walk in the Wonky Garden Wednesday 4th August 10:30 – 11:30am Ditton Community Centre, Widnes Book your ticket online via Eventbrite or at any Halton library The Wonky Garden is a gorgeous community area behind Ditton Community Centre and they have very kindly...
LIBRARIES EVENTS MAY - JULY 2021 Halton is the Liverpool City Region’s Borough of Culture 2021 and Halton Libraries are very excited to be joining in the celebrations! Throughout the year we will bring you three fabulous festivals celebrating culture and creativity...
Sunday 27th June, 2.30pm at Widnes Library Join us for this afternoon matinee performance. Tickets available at Seetickets.com
We are delighted to say we are open again and looking forward to seeing you all soon. You can find our opening hours and safety measures on our website. Public pcs are available for use for up to 1 hour per day per person and contactless borrowing and returning of...
8 local people told their stories to show us how society has changed. Watch and listen to their stories.
Reading Friends chat, share stories and have fun. Halton Libraries run two weekly Reading Friends groups. It's a chance to talk about what you are reading, whether that be books, magazines, newspapers or anything else and to meet new people. Tuesdays at 2pm a virtual...
As with all libraries in the UK, the threat of coronavirus prompted the unprecedented closure of our libraries. Now that government guidance allows, our libraries in Halton are reopening their doors again. Following on from an update to the official guidance on face...
1. Let us know what type of books you enjoy. 2. We choose up to 10 fantastic books for you. 3. You come and collect from your chosen library contact free Monday - Friday 10-4pm To place your order either call: 0151 511 7744 for Halton Lea or 0151 907 8383 for Widnes...
Book Drop Our libraries are beginning to reopen but you can still return your books using our book drop service. Book Drop trolleys will be at the entrance of the library. No need to interact with anybody or enter the building Every Monday and Friday 11 - 1pm at...
During this current situation with Covid-19 all Halton Libraries have been closed. . We hope this FAQs post will answer any questions you may have about the library service during this time. Q. What are the current opening hours? A.You can find our opening hours on...