Library Events Oct - Dec 2021
Let’s Tell Our Stories Festival
The nights are drawing in but our year of culture is still going strong. Halton Libraries’ third festival of the year is all about stories. Our Let’s Tell Our Stories festival celebrates all our stories and hears our voices through storytelling, art, reminiscence, performance and talks. It will highlight traditional stories, contemporary stories and will shine a light on tales from the local area and from much further afield.
Additional events this December can be found here.
Chatterbooks Book Club for 7-11 year olds
Halton Libraries Chatterbooks meetings will be filled with activities, games and plenty of time to share your love of reading with other children.
Chatterbooks is now running Weekly – Every Monday in Widnes library 4-5pm and Every Thursday in Halton Lea library 4-5pm.
For more information contact Nikki Lamb 0151 511 8323 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently suspended due to Covid-19
- Code Club runs every school holidays in each of our libraries. Watch this space for more details.
- Currently suspended.
- Tuesday at Ditton Libray 3.30-5.00pm
- Thursday at Runcorn Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Drop-in, no need to book. Suitable for ages 5-12
- Currently suspended
- Monday at Halton Lea Library 3.30 – 5.00pm
- Tuesday at Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library 5.00 – 7.00pm
- Thursday at Widnes Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Children get creative with Lego!
Midweek Meet up
- Currently suspended
- Wednesday at Widnes Library and Halton Lea Library 2.00-4.00pm
- Unwind with some colouring in, have a go at a board game and meet new people in a relaxed and friendly environment. The perfect antidote to a busy lifestyle.
Reading Friends chat, share stories and have fun.
Halton Libraries have started 2 new Reading Friends groups in libraries. They meet every fortnight.
Reading Friends brings people together to read, share stories, meet new friends and have fun. We use reading – whether books, magazines, newspapers, or anything else – to start everyone chatting.
The groups are open to everyone and are on the following days
Halton Lea Library every fortnight on Wednesday 11am.
Ditton Library every fortnight on Thursday 3pm
For information or to book contact Halton Lea Library 0151 511 7744 or email@example.com
A reading group is a group of people who meet together to talk about a book they have read. They read one book a month and discuss it at the following meeting. Each meeting lasts for an hour.
Halton Lea Library
- Thursday Group meets on the first Thursday of every month at 2:30pm
- Saturday meets on the last Saturday of every month at 10.30am
- Tuesday 1 meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Tuesday 2 meets on the last Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- The Classics group meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Runcorn’s reading group meets on the last Monday of the month 10.30am – 11.30am
We also provide collections of books for reading groups to borrow. These include fiction, classic fiction and non- fiction books. A list of the books available is in the recommended reads section of the booklist.
If you would like to join one of our groups or borrow a collection, please contact Trudy Jones at Halton Lea Library
- Tuesday at Runcorn Library and Ditton Library 11.00-11.45am
- Thursday at Halton Lea Library 11.00-11.45am
- Friday at Widnes Library 11.00-11.45am
- Songs and stories for preschool children.
- All Saturday Meetups currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 12-2pm
- Board games, colouring, doodling and lots of fun, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- Recommended age 8+. Suitable for children and families.
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 11-11.45am
- Bring your little ones along to our new Saturday Stories sessions, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- All Science Clubs currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 12.30-1.30pm
- New activities each week
- Drop in sessions suitable for children aged 5 – 12 years.
Time to Read events
Looking for other book related events in north west libraries? Check out Time to Read
- All work club currently postponed due to the current situation with Covid 19
- Every Monday at Halton Lea Library 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Every Monday at Widnes Library 1.00-3.00pm
- Every Friday at Halton Lea 10.30-12pm
- Drop in sessions to help you improve your CV, job search and apply for employment
Festive Christmas Card Making Workshop Tuesday 7th December, Widnes Library, 5.00-6.30pm Thursday 9th December, Widnes Library, 5.00–6.30pm Wednesday 15th December, Halton Lea Library, 2.00-4.30pm Wednesday 22nd December, Halton Lea Library, 2.00-4.30pm Suitable for...
LIBRARIES EVENTS GUIDE OCT-DEC 2021 . Theatre: A Christmas Carol Wednesday 1st December, 4.00pm, Runcorn Library, Granville Street. Tickets £2 available to book online via Eventbrite or at any Halton Library Come a long to the library this Christmastime to experience...
8 local people told us their stories to show us how society has changed. Our Let Me Tell You A story Exhibition with illustrations by Millie Chesters and poetry by local writers Rita Furnival and Laura Bevan is now on display in Halton Lea Library.
Halton Libraries run 5 Reading groups, who meet monthly and are always open to new members Halton Lea Library Thursday Group meets on the first Thursday of every month at 2:30pm Saturday meets on the last Saturday of every month at 10.30am Widnes Library Tuesday 1...
Is your child concerned about climate change? Literary Arts organisation Read Now Write Now is running three FREE courses on how to write powerful and persuasive stories on the theme of climate change thanks to funding by Arts Council England. Working in partnership...
Halton Libraries are bringing Reading Friends groups into the libraries. Reading Friends brings people together to read, share stories, meet new friends and have fun with a free drink. We use reading – whether books, magazines, newspapers, or anything else – to...
FREE CREATIVE WRITING COURSES FOR ADULTS IN HALTON Literary Arts organisation Read Now Write Now is happy to announce they are running six FREE courses on creative writing thanks to funding by Arts Council England. Working in partnership with Halton Libraries their...
LIBRARIES EVENTS MAY - JULY 2021 Halton is the Liverpool City Region’s Borough of Culture 2021 and Halton Libraries are very excited to be joining in the celebrations! Throughout the year we will bring you three fabulous festivals celebrating culture and creativity...
Sunday 27th June, 2.30pm at Widnes Library Join us for this afternoon matinee performance. Tickets available at Seetickets.com
We are delighted to say we are open again and looking forward to seeing you all soon. You can find our opening hours and safety measures on our website. Public pcs are available for use for up to 1 hour per day per person and contactless borrowing and returning of...