Events Programme Jan - April 2020
- We have something for everyone with our Library events Jan-april 2020 programme
Chatterbooks Book Club for 7-11 year olds
Halton Libraries Chatterbooks meetings will be filled with activities, games and plenty of time to share your love of reading with other children.
Chatterbooks is now running Weekly – Every Monday in Widnes library 4-5pm and Every Thursday in Halton Lea library 4-5pm.
For more information contact Nikki Lamb 0151 511 8323 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code Club runs every school holidays in each of our libraries. Watch this space for more details.
- Every Wednesday at Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library 3.30-4.30pm.
Drop in for help with using the Internet, emails, your digital device and more. Available in all libraries throughout each day. No appointment necessary.
- Tuesday at Ditton Libray 3.30-5.00pm
- Thursday at Runcorn Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Drop-in, no need to book. Suitable for ages 5-12
- Monday at Halton Lea Library 3.30 – 5.00pm
- Tuesday at Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library 5.00 – 7.00pm
- Thursday at Widnes Library 3.30-5.00pm
- Children get creative with Lego!
Midweek Meet up
- Wednesday at Widnes Library and Halton Lea Library 2.00-4.00pm
- Unwind with some colouring in, have a go at a board game and meet new people in a relaxed and friendly environment. The perfect antidote to a busy lifestyle.
Keep up to date with all the news and events from Halton Libraries with our monthly newsletter
A reading group is a group of people who meet together to talk about a book they have read. They read one book a month and discuss it at the following meeting. Each meeting lasts for an hour.
Halton Lea Library
- Thursday Group meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5.45pm
- Saturday meets on the last Saturday of every month at 10.30am
- Adventures in Reading meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 5.45 pm
- Tuesday 1 meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Tuesday 2 meets on the last Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- The Classics group meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Runcorn’s reading group meets on the last Monday of the month 10.30am – 11.30am
We also provide collections of books for reading groups to borrow. These include fiction, classic fiction and non- fiction books. A list of the books available is in the recommended reads section of the booklist.
If you would like to join one of our groups or borrow a collection, please contact Trudy Jones at Halton Lea Library
- Tuesday at Runcorn Library and Ditton Library 11.00-11.45am
- Thursday at Halton Lea Library 11.00-11.45am
- Friday at Widnes Library 11.00-11.45am
- Songs and stories for preschool children.
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 12-2pm
- Board games, colouring, doodling and lots of fun, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- Recommended age 8+. Suitable for children and families.
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 11-11.45am
- Bring your little ones along to our new Saturday Stories sessions, every Saturday at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries.
- Saturdays at Halton Lea and Widnes Libraries, 12.30-1.30pm
- New activities each week
- Drop in sessions suitable for children aged 5 – 12 years.
Time to Read events
Looking for other book related events in north west libraries? Check out Time to Read
- Every Monday at Halton Lea Library 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Every Monday at Widnes Library 1.00-3.00pm
- Every Friday at Halton Lea 10.30-12pm
- Drop in sessions to help you improve your CV, job search and apply for employment
Tuesday 4th February, 6-7.30pm, Halton Lea Library Free book online or at any Halton Library. Recommended age: adults Join us for the evening to hear from Runcorn & District Historical Society as they take us on a historical journey following Ethelfleda's efforts...
Saturday 8th February, 11-1pm, Halton Lea Library and Widnes Library Free, drop in. Recommended age: under 11 Building on the successful schemes for adult and young people's mental health, dementia and long term conditions, a new book list to support the mental...
Tuesday 11th February, 10.30-12pm, Widnes Library Free, drop in Recommended age: adults Safer Internet Day will be celebrated globally today with the theme: Together for a Better Internet. NatWest Bank will be sharing information and resources about Internet safety...
Monday 17th February Code Club, 10.30-12pm, Widnes Library and Halton Lea Library Free, drop in. Recommended age:7-11 years Come along and try out coding a high speed chase game with Scratch, see your name in lights with our Micro:bits and Codebugs or play with our...
Saturday 22nd February - 10-4pm, Halton Lea Library Free, drop in Recommended age: all ages Halton Lea Library is being taken over by Halton MakeFest - the first ever family friendly festival of STEAM, digital and creative activities in Halton! The library will be...
Sunday 23rd February - 2.30pm, Widnes Library Tickets £7 book online. Recommended ages: all ages Get It Loud In Libraries is hosting a live music gig at Widnes Library! Liz Lawrence will be performing in this special matinee show as part of her UK tour. Liz Lawrence...
How We Kept the Vikings Out talk Tuesday 4th February, 6.00-7.30pm, Halton Lea Library Science Club at Widnes Library and Halton Lea Library Tuesday 18th February, 10.30-12pm Inside Storywalk Wednesday 19th February, 10.30-12pm, Halton Lea Library Get It Loud in...