Online Resources – Access our virtual library 24 hours a day
We have subscribed to the following websites to allow you to have full access from any computer in the world. You will need your library card and pin number to log in from home. If you have forgotten your pin, you can reset it with our forgotten password feature. Some sites (those in Family History Research and Consumer Advice) are only accessible on a Halton Library Public PC, or on your device connected to Halton Libraries WiFi.
- Citizenship and Driving
- Consumer Advice
- E-books and E-audio books
- Family History Research
- Newspapers, Comics and Magazines
- Reference and Research
Theory Test Pro gives you free access to the official DSA Car and Motorbike driving theory test. A realistic simulation of the UK’s driving theory test. It contains the entire official test question bank, hazard perception video clips and an online version of the Highway code. You can access remotely or within the library by registering to create your own account. This will allow you to track your progress. Step by step instructions available on YouTube.
GoCitizen is an online study resource for candidates preparing for the Life in the UK Test or British citizenship test. The service includes an online version of the latest official study materials licensed from the Home Office, plus hundreds of practice test questions in the same format as the official test.
Access to GoCitizen is completely free for members of Halton Libraries. Library members can access GoCitizen from the public access PCs in all libraries. Remote access requires your library card number. YouTube guide available.
Borrow and read e-books from our library service anywhere, anytime and on multiple devices. No late return fines and we have a great choice of adult, junior and teenage titles. Have a look at our two catalogues below .
- RB Digital Use your library card number to register an account.
- Wheelers ePlatform Sign in using your library card number and PIN.
Want to download the app to use on your mobile device?
Ancestry Library is the largest family history site on the Internet, with free access to National Census, Births, Marriages and Death Records. Only accessible on a Halton Library Public PC. Step by step YouTube guide available to view.
The British Newspaper Archive is a partnership between the British Library and findmypast to digitise up to 40 million newspaper pages from the British Library’s vast collection over the next 10 years. Only accessible on a Halton Library Public PC.
With Pressreader you can access newspapers and magazines in the library, on the move or at home – all you need is a library card. You can also download publications and customise using the app . It also means you will never miss a copy of your favourite magazine. Pressreader step by step webpage user guide Pressreader step by step app user guide
- ‘British and Irish Literature’ and ‘Victorian Literature’ available to access in any Halton library free of charge.
- World Book Online provides fast, reliable information for homework, reports or just your lingering questions. Access from Halton Libraries pcs.
- Oxford Reference Online provides quick and easy access to Oxford’s prestigious reference publishing you can cross-search quality A-Z reference at the click of a button. Remote access available with a Halton Libraries card number.
- Access to Research provides free access to 6000+ journals and over 10 million articles covering a broad range of subjects:
Art, Architecture and Applied Arts
Business and Economics
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Engineering and Applied Sciences
Health and Biological Sciences
History and Archaelogy
Journalism and Communications
Languages and Literatures
Law, Politics and Government
Music, Dance, Drama and Film
Philosophy and Religion
Physical Sciences and Mathematics
Accessible from Halton Libraries pcs or via our library wi-fi. Watch our YouTube video for step by step instructions.
- Information4Living provides local and national information on life essential topics.