The national Reading Well schemes help you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing using helpful reading. The scheme is endorsed by health professionals and supported by public libraries.
There are currently five book lists available: Reading Well for mental health, Reading Well for dementia, Reading Well for young people, Reading Well for Children and Reading Well for long term conditions.
The books are on display in each library. Patients can take the list to a library and borrow or reserve the book or simply come in and browse the books to find one that can help.
Reading Well Lists
The books in the 5 schemes have been recommended by health professionals and people with experience of the conditions covered. They have been tried and tested and found to be helpful.
- Reading Well for Mental Health Patient Leaflet Overview of titles
- Reading Well for long term health conditions Patient Leaflet Overview of titles
- Reading Well for Young People Patient Leaflet Overview of titles
- Books on Prescription for Dementia Patient Leaflet Overview of titles
- Reading Well for Children Book List
More information is available from www.reading-well.org.uk